Oatmeal Carmelita Bars
2 c flour
2 c oats
1 1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 1/4 c butter, softened
12.25 oz jar caramel ice cream topping
3 T flour
1 c chocolate chips
1/2 c chopped nuts (opt)
1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 9x13 pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine all of the crust ingredients; press half of the mixture into the pan and reserve the other half.
3. Bake for 10 minutes. While it bakes, in a small bowl, combine caramel and 3 T flour.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips (and nuts) over hot crust and then cover with caramel sauce; sprinkle remaining crust mixture over caramel.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
Plain Crumb Platz
2 hours ago