3 T butter
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 c flour
2 c milk
1 c chicken broth
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
chow mein noodles
1. In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add onion and chicken and cook until onions are soft and chicken is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Sprinkle the flour into the pan and stir to combine; cook for a minute and then slowly whisk in the milk and chicken broth.
5. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce comes to a simmer and then add the salt and pepper. Continue simmering, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened, about 5-8 minutes.
6. Serve over rice, topped with toppings of your choice.