1/4 c honey
1/4 c water
2-4 cinnamon sticks
1 c Nutella
1/2 c almonds, roughly chopped
1/2 c walnuts, roughly chopped
1/2 c shredded coconut
1 t ground cinnamon
1/4 t salt
2 puff pastry sheets
a scant 1/4 c softened butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400*; foil and butter a cookie sheet.
2. In a small pot, combine honey, water, and cinnamon sticks; warm over low heat until honey dissolves, stirring occasionally.
3. Bring heat up to medium and allow to boil for about 5 minutes; take off heat and set aside.
4. Unfold puff pastry and cut along folds so that each sheet is in three sections; cut each section into fourths (24 total squares).
5. Place squares on cookie sheet and brush each one with a little bit of butter.
5. Microwave Nutella for 45 seconds; spread a dollop (about a tablespoon) on 16 of the squares.
6. Combine nuts, coconut, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over Nutella squares. Lay one Nutella square on top of another and top with a plain square. You should end up with 8 stacks.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes; drizzle with honey syrup before serving.
Mexican Layer Dip
1 day ago