1 T olive oil
1 lb 93/7 ground beef
1 onion, diced
salt and pepper
3 T tomato paste
4 cloves garlic, minced
3- 10 oz cans Rotel, drained
1 1/4 c sour cream
1 T cornstarch
12 oz wide egg noodles
4 oz cream cheese, softened
4 green onions, minced
2 c Cheddar cheese
1. In a large pan, heat oil over medium-high heat; add beef, onion, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Cook until beef is browned.
2. Stir in tomato paste and garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and cook until mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 9x13 pan. In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream and cornstarch.
4. Bring water and a tablespoon of salt to boil in a large pot and cook noodles until al dente; reserve 2 cups of noodle liquid and drain the rest.
5. In the empty pot, whisk cream cheese and reserved liquid; stir in noodles, sour cream mixture, green onions, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
6. Spread noodle mixture evenly in 9x13 pan, spread meat mixture evenly over noodles, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes, until cheese is browned and edges are bubbly. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Green Bean Casserole ~ Flashback Friday
1 day ago