Kung Pao Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
1 1/2 T cornstarch
1 T sesame oil
2 T rice wine vinegar
2 T [low sodium] soy sauce
2 t sugar
2 green onions, sliced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 t ginger
1/2 c dry roasted peanuts
1. Place a medium-sized skillet over medium heat; place cornstarch in a ziplock bag, add chicken, and shake to coat.
2. Pour sesame oil in to the skillet and let it heat up before adding the chicken; cook chicken for about 5-7 minutes, until cooked through. Meanwhile, combine vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl and mix well.
3. When the chicken is done, remove it from the skillet and set it aside.
4. Add green onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, and ginger to the skillet and heat for about 30 seconds before pouring in the sauce mixture.
5. Place the chicken back in the skillet and toss everything together; stir in the peanuts and heat everything through.
Serve over rice.
Green Bean Casserole ~ Flashback Friday
1 day ago