Fresh Blueberry Muffins
1/2 c butter, softened
1 1/4 c + 2 t sugar, separated
2 c flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 c milk
2 1/2 c fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350* and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and 1 1/4 cup sugar well until fluffy; beat in eggs one at a time.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt together; alternate adding the flour mixture and milk in to butter mixture. Be careful not to over mix.
4. Gently fold in blueberries; scoop batter in to muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with remaining sugar.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Makes 18 muffins.