Mixed Berry Scones (Cook's Country)
1 3/4 c frozen mixed berries, roughly chopped
3 T powdered sugar
3 c flour
12 T cold butter, cut into 1/2" chunks, separated
1/3 c sugar
1 T baking powder
1 1/4 t salt
1 c milk
1 egg + 1 yolk
2 T butter
1 T honey
1. Preheat oven to 425* and line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
2. Toss berries in powdered sugar and set aside in freezer.
3. In food processor, combine flour, 6 Tablespoons butter, sugar, baking powder, and salt until butter is fully incorporated; add remaining butter and pulse until butter is reduced to pea-sized pieces.
4. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and stir in berries.
5. In a separate small bowl, combine milk and eggs.
6. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in egg mixture; using a rubber spatula, gently stir together, scraping down the edges of the bowl, until just combined. Don't overmix. Dough will look shaggy.
7. Turn the dough out on a well-floured surface and knead briefly until dough just comes together. Using a dough scraper, form the dough into a 12"x4" rectangle; cut dough into four equal rectangles, then cut each of those in half diagonally (8 triangles total).
8. Transfer scones to prepared pan and bake until light brown, about 15-18 minutes, rotating pan halfway through.
9. While the scones bake, combine butter and honey in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat until butter is melted; stir and set aside.
10. Remove scones from oven and brush tops with honey butter glaze. Return scones to oven and bake for an additional 5-8 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
Bread for the Journey
4 hours ago