4 c + 1 T flour, separated
1/4 c sugar
1 t baking soda
1 1/2 t salt
1 3/4 c cold buttermilk
1 t orange zest
1 c craisins
1. Preheat oven to 375* and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In an electric mixer bowl, combine 4 cups flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; mix together with paddle attachment and then mix in butter on low speed.
3. In a small bowl, beat buttermilk, egg, and orange zest; slowly add to mixer bowl.
4. Toss craisins with remaining tablespoon of flour; mix in to dough. Dough will be pretty wet.
5. Place the dough on a well-floured surface, knead it into a round loaf, and place it on parchment paper. Score an X into the top of the loaf.
6. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. It should have a hollow sound when tapped. Cool on baking rack.