Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Spicy Ricey Ground Beef Mixture (recipe follows)
10 poblano peppers
2 c Mexican blend cheese
1. Make Spicy Ricey Ground Beef.
2. Preheat oven to 375* and lightly grease 2- 9x13 pans.
3. Cut tops off of peppers (like a pumpkin) and deseed.
4. Stuff ground beef mixture into peppers up to 1/4-1/2 inch from top and replace tops.
5. Lay 5 peppers, alternating directions, on each pan.
6. Bake 30 minutes, sprinkle cheese over peppers, return to oven for 10 more minutes.
7. Let sit at least 5 minutes before serving.
Spicy Ricey Ground Beef Mixture
2 lb ground beef
2 T olive oil
1 - 14 oz can beef broth
1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce
Round 1 Spices-
-1 T onion powder
-2 T garlic powder
-1 t salt
-1/2 t black pepper
-1 chicken bouillon cube, ground
-1 beef bouillon cube, ground
Round 2 Spices-
-3 T crushed red pepper or chili powder
-1 1/2 t garlic powder
-3 1/2 t ground cumin
-1 T brown sugar
-1/2 t onion powder
3 c cooked rice
1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain fat.
2. Add olive oil, beef broth, and tomato sauce; simmer, covered, over low-medium heat for 60 minutes.
3. Stir in Round 1 Spices and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Stir in Round 2 Spices; reduce heat to low.
5. Cook for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Take off heat and let cool before adding rice and stuffing into peppers.
Bread for the Journey
4 hours ago