Bacon and Tomato Spaghetti Carbonara
16 oz spaghetti
6-8 slices bacon (we used turkey bacon)
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
4 roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to boil; add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, fry bacon in a large skillet, chop, and set aside.
3. Drain bacon fat, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the skillet (or drain all and add 1 tablespoon olive oil); add garlic, onion, and bay leaf, and saute, covered, until onions are translucent. Remove bay leaf and discard.
4. Drain pasta and return to pot; toss in bacon, garlic, and onions.
5. Toss in tomatoes and cheese; serve.
Bavarian Apple Torte
1 day ago