Banana Cream Pie
1 c + 2 T sugar, separated
1/4 c cornstarch
1/2 t salt
3 c milk
2 eggs, beaten
3 T butter, softened
1 1/2 t vanilla
1- 9" prepared pie crust
2 bananas, sliced
1 c heavy whipping cream
1. In a large pot, combine 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, salt, and milk; cook, stirring frequently, over medium-high heat until thickened and starting to bubble. If you're unsure if it's thickened yet, it hasn't.
2. Remove from heat and temper in eggs; return to heat and bring to a gentle boil. Cook, stirring frequently, for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla; place plastic wrap on surface of custard and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Make whipped cream by combining whipping cream and 2 T sugar in a cold bowl and whisking on high until stiff peaks form.
5. Spread half of the custard in pie crust, lay down bananas, spread the rest of the custard, and top with whipped cream.
Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
Red Thai Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup
14 hours ago