1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
2 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 t (or 2 cloves) minced garlic
1/2 t dried oregano
1/2 t salt, plus more as needed
1/4 t pepper
1/2 t sugar
1 c orzo
1/4 c packed, or 1/2 c loose, golden raisins
1/4 c chopped black olives
1/4-1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
1/4 c thinly sliced fresh basil
1/4-1/2 c crumbled feta cheese
1. Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and sugar in a medium bowl.
2. Fill medium pot about 2/3 full of water and bring to a boil; add salt (I used about a tablespoon) and bring back up to a boil.
3. Add orzo and cook a little past al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
4. Drain orzo well; while still hot, add to dressing and coat well.
5. Let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally; stir in raisins, olives, onions, and basil.
6. Add feta and toss lightly. Serve at room temperature.
Bread for the Journey
4 hours ago