My mom got this recipe from someone at her church. So good!
Baked Raspberry French Toast
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter
2 T water
1- 10 oz bag frozen raspberries*
1 loaf French bread, cut into 1" slices
1 1/2 c milk
1 T vanilla
cinnamon & sugar to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, melt brown sugar and butter on med. high; once butter is melted, add water.
2. Turn up heat a little and stir quickly until mixture foams, then pour into 9x13 baking pan.
3. Let mixture cool about 10 minutes; layer pan with 1/2 bag of raspberries, bread (tearing pieces for corners so that all space is filled with bread), and the rest of the raspberries.
4. In blender, mix eggs, milk and vanilla; pour carefully over the bread, making sure to soak everything. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
5. Cover, refrigerate overnight.
6. Bake at 350* for 45-60 minutes until golden brown.
*You can use canned peaches, minus the juice, or any other fresh or [thawed] frozen fruit. If using bananas, don't add the top bananas until just before baking, to prevent from turning brown.
Flashback Friday- Chicken Stew
1 hour ago