1 1/2 T yeast
2 1/2 c warm water
2 t salt
2 T vegetable oil
up to 7 c flour
1 T cornmeal
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water; let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. Add salt, oil, and 4 cups flour; beat well. Stir in remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until soft but not sticky dough forms.
3. Turn dough out on to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl; place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm spot until doubled, about 40 minutes.
4. Punch down dough and divide into 6-8 balls. Place balls on lightly greased baking sheet that's been sprinkled with cornmeal; score balls. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 35 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400*; bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.
Carefully cut a hole in the top of the bowl and scoop out the insides; fill with soup.
Mexican Layer Dip
1 day ago