Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Freezing Bell Peppers & Green Onions

I found red bell peppers for a steal at a local market and bought a bunch. I knew I wouldn't use them all before they went bad, so I decided to freeze them. Here's how I did it:
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice or chop peppers into desired size; lay one layer on parchment paper.
3. Place in freezer for 45 minutes.
4. Transfer to freezer bags, remove air and seal bags, and place them in the freezer.


Here's how I froze green onions:
1. Rinse green onions and dry completely.
2. Line a baking sheet with a paper towel; chop green onions as usual and spread on baking sheet in a single layer.
3. Place baking sheet in freezer for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from freezer; put onions in plastic container(s)*, cover, and freeze.
*You can also use a freezer bag if you let out all the air before storing.


No comments: