Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
1 c butter-flavored shortening
1/2 c peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 t almond extract
1 1/2 c flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 1/4 c chocolate chips
1- 11.75 oz jar hot fudge topping
1/2 c chopped walnuts (opt)
1. Preheat oven to 350*; foil-line and grease a jelly roll pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream together shortening, peanut butter, and brown sugar with an electric mixer at medium-high speed; beat in eggs and almond extract until smooth.
3. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix at low speed until thoroughly combined.
4. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test; cool in pan, on wire rack.
6. Place chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute; stir.
7. Microwave and stir in 15-second intervals until melted and smooth; stir in hot fudge and then microwave for another 15 seconds. Spread over warm peanut butter bars and sprinkle with walnuts.
8. Chill for 1 hour, or until chocolate layer is firm, and serve. Store in the refrigerator.
Bread for the Journey - Bev
13 hours ago