Spinach Artichoke Penne
1 lb [whole wheat] penne pasta
2 T olive oil, separated
1- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
2 c spinach, cleaned and dried
1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
1/2 c chicken broth
1 c walnuts
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 pint half & half or heavy whipping cream
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1 c Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta to al dente; drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat; add artichokes to heat up and brown slightly.
3. Meanwhile, place spinach, onion, chicken stock, walnuts, garlic, whipping cream, salt, pepper, and remaining tablespoon olive oil in food processor and blend well (do yourself a favor and do not try the sauce before you blend with artichokes and pasta).
4. Stir spinach sauce into artichoke skillet and loosely cover with lid; simmer over medium-low heat for about 2 minutes.
5. Stir pasta and cheese into skillet and heat for 1 minute. Serve.
This and That
2 hours ago