4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t crushed red pepper
1/4 t ground coriander
1/4 t cumin
1/4 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 white onion, chopped
1/4 c butter
1- 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
1- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 pint half and half (or heavy whipping cream)
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
about 2 cups brown rice (or however much you want)
1. Place chicken, garlic, spices, and lime zest/juice in a large ziploc bag; place in fridge to marinate overnight.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion in butter until clear.
3. Add chicken and marinade; cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and add tomato sauce and tomatoes; cook, covered, for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from heat; add half and half and cilantro just before serving over rice.
Flashback Friday- Chicken Stew
1 hour ago