Roasted Tomato Grilled Cheese (Cooking Light)
1 t olive oil
3-4 roma tomatoes, halved and seeded
2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
6-8 fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper, to taste
4 t mayonnaise
2 oz [light] cream cheese
1 c Cheddar cheese
8 slices [whole grain] bread
1. Preheat oven to 400* and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Combine oil, tomatoes, and garlic on baking sheet; bake for 20 minutes.
3. Remove and discard tomato skins; peel garlic and discard skins. Combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in a food processor.
4. Combine mayonnaise and cheeses in a medium bowl; spread evenly on half of the bread slices.
5. Spread tomato mixture over cheese and top with a dry slice of bread. Lightly spray outsides of sandwiches with cooking spray.
6. Heat a large pan over medium heat and grill sandwiches until golden brown on each side and cheese is melted.
Strawberry and Peppers Salad / Salsa
18 hours ago