This is a recipe from my Aunt Debbie.
Debbie's Smothered Chicken Enchiladas
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 can cream of chicken soup
1- 4 oz can green chiles
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 pint sour cream
sliced olives (opt)
10 medium soft taco sized tortillas
1-2 cups salsa verde
1-2 cups CHeddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 9x13 pan.
2. Boil chicken and onions until chicken is cooked through; shred chicken in stand mixer and let cool.
3. In a medium bowl, mix onions with soup, chiles, Mozzarella, sour cream, and olives.
4. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the soup mixture and add the rest to the chicken.
5. Spread half of the reserved soup mixture on the bottom of the pan; place about 1/2-3/4 cup filling in each tortilla, roll up, and lay seam down in pan.
6. Spread the rest of the reserved soup mixture over enchiladas, followed by salsa verde, and then Cheddar.
7. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Buttermilk Dressed Potatoes - Flashback Friday -
23 hours ago