2 T olive oil
2 onions, roughly chopped
2 lb (or about 10) carrots, roughly chopped
3-5 lb chuck roast
salt and pepper
3 c beef broth
2 t rosemary
2 t thyme
1. In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat; add onions and, covered, brown.
2. Remove onions to a plate and set aside; add carrots to pan and heat for about 2-3 minutes, covered, until browned. Reserve the carrots with the onions.
3. Generously salt and pepper roast; turn burner up to high heat. If needed, add some more olive oil to the pan before adding the roast.
4. Sear roast for about a minute on each side until it's brown all over; place in slow cooker.
5. Combine broth, rosemary, and thyme in a small bowl.
6. Deglaze the pan by adding about cup of broth mixture (it may smoke a bit) and scraping the bits off of the bottom; pour contents over roast.
7. Add vegetables to slow cooker and then pour in remaining broth mixture.
8. Cook on low for 8 hours, or until fall-apart tender.
Home Made Salami
1 hour ago