2 c flour
2 c sugar
2 t baking soda
1 T cinnamon
1/2 t allspice
1/2 t ginger
1 t salt
1 c vegetable oil
1/2 c milk
3 c grated carrots (about 6-8 carrots)
1 1/2 c chopped pecans (opt)
2- 8 oz pkgs [light] cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 c butter, room temperature
4 c powdered sugar
2 t vanilla
1/2 c chopped pecans (opt)
1. Preheat oven to 350*; grease and flour 3- 9" round pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and salt; add eggs, oil, and milk.
3. Use a hand mixer to blend everything well; fold in carrots and pecans.
4. Pour into pans and bake for 40 minutes; let cool for 5 minutes, remove from pans, and place on waxed paper to cool completely.
5. For the frosting, add everything except the nuts into a medium bowl and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy; fold in pecans.