1 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 lb (about 10) carrots, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
1- 32 oz box vegetable (or chicken) broth
2 c water
2 T brown sugar
1 1/2 t ginger
2 T heavy whipping cream
1/4 t salt
3 T instant potato flakes (opt for thicker soup)
1. Place onions, garlic, and carrots in slow cooker; add broth and water.
2. Cook on high for 4 1/2 hours or low for 8 hours.
3. Stir in brown sugar, ginger, cream, salt, and potato flakes.
4. With a blender, food processor, or immersion blender, carefully puree until you achieve desired consistency.
5. Garnish with cashews and/or cilantro.
This entire recipe is only 464 calories!
Home Made Salami
59 minutes ago