Ali's Fresh Tomato Soup
5-6 medium tomatoes
1 large onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 c broth (chicken or vegetable)
2 T butter
2 T flour
2 t salt
2 t sugar
1. Roughly chop tomatoes and onion; place chopped vegetables, garlic, and broth in a large pot.
2. Cover, bring to a gentle boil, and let boil for about 20 minutes, until vegetables have softened.
3. Remove from heat and use an immersion blender, or food processor or blender, to puree vegetables.
4. Make a roux with the butter and flour*, then slowly incorporate it in to the soup.
5. Season with salt and sugar; serve warm.
*Melt butter and then gradually stir in the flour.
German Fried Potatoes
13 hours ago