Nutella Coconut Pecan Pie
6 tbsp butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp coconut extract
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup Nutella
1 frozen 9" deep dish pie crust, unbaked
1. Preheat oven to 350*; line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
2. Add butter, sugar, corn syrup and salt to a saucepan and stir frequently over medium heat until the butter has melted and the brown sugar has dissolved, about 7-10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and coconut extracts; let cool for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. While the sugar mixture is cooling, spread Nutella evenly in the bottom of the unbaked pie crust and place it on the cookie sheet.
5. Once the sugar mixture has cooled, temper the beaten eggs and then mix in until completely incorporated; stir in coconut and pecans.
6. Pour the pecan-sugar mixture over the Nutella. Place the cookie sheet in the upper third of the oven.
7. Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until golden brown and set up; place on a wire rack to cool.