I think store-bought stuffing is disgusting. Here's my remedy. :)
1/4 c shortening
1/2 c butter
1/2 onion, chopped
4-5 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 c parsley
1 T poultry seasoning
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/2 c milk
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c chicken broth
12 c (about 12-15 slices) bread, cubed and slightly stale*
1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 9x13 pan.
2. In a large skillet, saute shortening, butter, onion, and celery.
3. Take off heat and add in parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper; mix well.
4. Stir in milk, eggs, and broth.
5. Place bread in a large bowl and pour mixture over bread; toss to coat well.
6. Press in to 9x13 pan and bake for 45 minutes.
*You can either leave the bread out overnight, or place it in the oven on warm for about an hour, tossing every 15 minutes or so.
Brussels Srpouts Flatbread
40 minutes ago