I think store-bought stuffing is disgusting. Here's my remedy. :)
1/4 c shortening
1/2 c butter
1/2 onion, chopped
4-5 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 c parsley
1 T poultry seasoning
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/2 c milk
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c chicken broth
12 c (about 12-15 slices) bread, cubed and slightly stale*
1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 9x13 pan.
2. In a large skillet, saute shortening, butter, onion, and celery.
3. Take off heat and add in parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper; mix well.
4. Stir in milk, eggs, and broth.
5. Place bread in a large bowl and pour mixture over bread; toss to coat well.
6. Press in to 9x13 pan and bake for 45 minutes.
*You can either leave the bread out overnight, or place it in the oven on warm for about an hour, tossing every 15 minutes or so.
Plain Crumb Platz
2 hours ago