My variation of this recipe.
Bacon and Asparagus Carbonara
6-8 c water
1 t salt
2 large eggs
1 c Parmesan cheese
2 T olive oil
1 lb bacon, coarsely chopped
13.25 oz (or about .75 lb) spaghetti
1 bunch asparagus, cut into .5-1 inch pieces
4 cloves garlic, minced
pepper and garlic salt to taste
1. Pour water and salt into a large pot and turn on high to boil.
2. Mix eggs and cheese in a small bowl; set aside.
3. Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet set on medium-medium high heat; sprinkle bacon into skillet and cover to cook, stirring occasionally.
4. Once water has boiled, add spaghetti and cook until just al dente; add asparagus and continue to cook for one minute.
5. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of water to the side.
6. Return pasta to pot and stir in egg/cheese mixture.
7. Drain bacon grease; add garlic to skillet along with 1/4 cup of pasta water. Cook for one minute; turn off heat.
8. Slowly stir pasta/asparagus into bacon/garlic skillet, mixing well. Add more pasta water for desired consistency. Add garlic salt and pepper; serve.
Strawberry and Peppers Salad / Salsa
18 hours ago