Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie
2 store-bought deep-dish pie crusts
.25 c butter
.5 onion, chopped
.5 green pepper, chopped
1/3 c flour
.5 t salt
.5 t pepper
1- 14.5 oz can chicken broth
.25 c milk
2.5 c chicken, cooked and shredded
2 c frozen mixed vegetables
2 c Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 425*. Prepare crusts as directed, if needed.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add onion and pepper, cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Stir in flour, salt, pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk; add frozen veggies.
4. Cover and let cook over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes until thickened; add chicken. Remove from heat.
5. Spoon into crust; top with cheese. Cover with second crust and seal edges. Cut slits in top crust.
6. Place pie pan on a foil-lined cookie sheet to catch any overflow. Bake 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. During last 15 minutes, cover edges with tin foil to prevent burning.
7. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This and That
2 hours ago