Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1/2 c butter
3/4 c brown sugar, packed tightly
1 can pineapple, sliced or crushed
cherries, pitted and halved (opt)
pecan halves (opt)
1-1/3 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup melted butter
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Place butter in 9x9 pan and put it in the oven as it's preheating, to melt the butter.
3. Once the butter is melted, add brown sugar and mix well. Spread the butter-sugar mix evenly on bottom of pan.
4. Arrange pineapple, cherries, and pecans, in a single layer, however you want on top of butter-sugar mixture. Put aside.
5. Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix well.
6. Spoon cake mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
7. Put in the oven and check after 30 minutes. If it passes the toothpick test, it's done.
8. Immediately invert cake onto serving dish, but leave the pan over the cake so that the brown sugar glaze can drip down on it. Serve warm or room temperature.