Macaroni & Cheese With A Kick
1 lb macaroni
1 T olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 red onion, finely diced
1 red bell pepper, finely diced
1 jalapeno, finely diced
1 c frozen corn
1- 4 oz can chopped green chilies
2 c half & half
2 c grated Pepper Jack cheese (or Mexican blend)
Salt & pepper to taste
2 c corn flakes cereal (opt for added crunch)
1. In a large pot, boil pasta until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic, onion, pepper, jalapeno, and corn in olive oil, over medium to medium-high heat for about 7 minutes.
3. Stir in chilies.
4. Drain pasta and add to skillet.
5. Pour on half & half; add cheese, salt, and pepper and stir gently.
6. Cover and let sit for about 7 minutes over medium heat.
7. Check seasonings and serve topped with crushed corn flakes.
Click for a closer look!