This is my Grams' delicious recipe.
Black Forest Chocolate Cherry Cake
1 pkg. plain (or w/ pudding) devil's food cake mix
1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
1 t pure almond extract
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c butter
1/4 c milk (whole or 2%)
3/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350* (place rack in center of oven).
2. Mix all cake ingredients on low speed for 1 minute and then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Pour batter into lightly greased 9x13 pan and smooth out with spatula.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes (until it passes toothpick test); remove from oven and set aside while you make the glaze.
5. Heat sugar, butter, and milk over medium-low heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute, continually stirring.
6. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and glaze is smooth; spread over warm cake.
7. Cool at least 20 minutes before serving.
Plain Crumb Platz
2 hours ago