Peach Citrus Upside Down Cake
1/2 c cornmeal
8 T melted and cooled, separated
1/3 c + 3/4 c sugar, separated
16 oz frozen sliced peaches, thawed and drained
1 c flour
1 t baking powder
1/8 t baking soda
1/2 c milk
zest and juice of 1 large orange
1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. In Dutch oven, toast cornmeal over medium heat until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently; transfer to a large bowl.
3. Wipe Dutch oven clean, place over medium heat, and add 2 tablespoons butter, 1/3 cup sugar, and a pinch of salt. Cook, whisking constantly, until sugar is melted, smooth, and deep golden brown, 3-5 minutes. (Mixture may look broken at first, but it will come together as you whisk.)
4. Off heat, carefully arrange peaches cut side down, covering the sugar in a tight pinwheel.
5. Whisk flour, powder, soda, and 1/2 t salt into toasted cornmeal. In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients, including 3/4 c sugar and 6 T butter, until smooth. Mix wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
6. Pour batter evenly over peaches. Bake until golden brown and passes toothpick test, about 30 minutes, rotating the Dutch oven halfway through baking.
7. Cool for about 15 minutes on a wire rack, invert on to a serving plate, and let cool completely, about an hour.
Serve topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Brussels Srpouts Flatbread
39 minutes ago