Roasted Pumpkin/Pumpkin Puree
1 (medium-sized) pumpkin
1. Preheat oven to 350* and take out all but the bottom rack.
2. Wash the outside of the pumpkin thoroughly; stab it about 8-10 times all around.
3. Place pumpkin in a 9x13 pan and put it in the oven; bake for 90 minutes, or until tender enough to poke through with a fork.
4. Slice the pumpkin in half and allow to cool for 15-30 minutes, until cool enough to handle.
5. Use a metal spoon to scrape out the stringy goop and the seeds. (Save the seeds to make these.)
6. Scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin; place in food processor and puree until smooth.