Chocolate Quinoa Cake
1- 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight, separated
1 t vanilla
2 c cooked quinoa (use about 3/4 c dry), room temperature
8 T butter, room temperature
1 c sugar
1 c cocoa powder
1/2 t baking soda
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 c chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350* and line two round cake pans (or a 9x13 pan) with parchment paper and grease lightly.
2. Open your can of coconut milk, scoop out the semi-solid fat on the top and set aside.
3. Pour 1/3 c of the remaining coconut milk into a food processor and blend with eggs and vanilla; add the quinoa and butter.
4. Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl; mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
5. Pour half of the batter into each pan (or all into the 9x13) and bake for 30 minutes; tip out on to a cooling rack to cool.
6. For the frosting, melt the chocolate in a small pot over medium-low heat; stir in reserved coconut milk fat. Pour into a large bowl and refrigerate until thickened.
7. Remove the frosting from the fridge and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Frost your cake and keep it in a cool setting.