Herb-Crusted Chicken in Basil Cream Sauce
1/2 c garlic & herb breadcrumbs
2 t roasted garlic and bell pepper seasoning (McCormick Perfect Pinch)
1 t dried chives
1/4 c milk
3 T butter
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded thin
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c chicken broth
1/4 can Italian diced tomatoes, drained
1 c half and half (or heavy whipping cream)
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
2 T basil
pepper, to taste
1. Mix breadcrumbs, garlic pepper seasoning, and chives in a shallow bowl; place milk in a separate shallow bowl.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
3. Dip chicken in milk and then coat with breadcrumb mixture; cook chicken in butter until browned and cooked through (about five minutes on each side). Remove and keep warm.
4. Throw the garlic in that same skillet and sauté for about a minute; add chicken broth and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to deglaze the pan.
5. Stir in tomatoes and cream; bring back up to a boil and stir for a minute.
6. Reduce heat to low; add Parmesan, basil, and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until heated through and thickened (about 5-10 minutes).
Serve chicken over pasta, smothered in cream sauce.
Pfeffernuesse Gluten free
18 hours ago