1/3 c lukewarm water
2 T (or 2 pkgs) yeast
2 T + 1/4 c sugar, separated
1/4 c butter
2 c lukewarm milk
2 t salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 c mashed potatoes
6 cups flour, separated
1. In a small bowl, combine water, yeast, and 2 T sugar; let sit for 10 minutes.
2. In the meantime, melt butter in a medium pan; add milk.
3. Take the pan off of the heat and stir in 1/4 cup sugar, salt, and eggs; transfer to stand mixer.
4. Beat in mashed potatoes and then add the yeast mixture. Add 3 cups of flour, mix until well incorporated, and then add remaining 3 cups of flour. Mix well.
5. Cover the dough and let rise for an hour.
6. Roll out the dough and cut out doughnuts; cover and let rise an additional hour.
7. Heat oil to 375* and fry each doughnut for about 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
2/3 c water
2 T butter
1 t vanilla
pinch of salt
4 c powdered sugar
1. Bring water to boil in a small pot; add butter and stir until dissolved.
2. Take off heat and stir in vanilla, salt, and sugar.
3. Once cooked, immediately place doughnuts in glaze and coat well.
Makes about 40 doughnuts.
Mashed Potato Waffles
5 hours ago