Chicken Bacon Broccoli Skillet
1 pkg [turkey] bacon, diced
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 onion, diced
1 head broccoli, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 c cooked rice
2- 10 oz cans Rotel
2 T butter
2 T flour
1 c chicken broth
1 c Cheddar cheese
1. Fry up the bacon in the largest skillet you have; drain and set bacon aside.
2. Dice the chicken into bite-sized pieces and season generously with salt and pepper; place in skillet in a single layer and cook each side for 2-3 minutes, until cooked through. Set aside with bacon.
3. Place onion and broccoli in the same skillet and cook over medium-high heat until onions have caramelized and broccoli is tender; add garlic and heat until fragrant.
4. Stir in bacon, chicken, rice, and Rotel; reduce heat to low.
5. In a small pot, melt butter and whisk in flour; stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
6. Pour cheese sauce over skillet, stir well, and add salt and pepper to taste.
#437281 - Lemon Coconut Bars Recipe
3 hours ago