Chicken Bacon Broccoli Skillet
1 pkg [turkey] bacon, diced
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 onion, diced
1 head broccoli, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 c cooked rice
2- 10 oz cans Rotel
2 T butter
2 T flour
1 c chicken broth
1 c Cheddar cheese
1. Fry up the bacon in the largest skillet you have; drain and set bacon aside.
2. Dice the chicken into bite-sized pieces and season generously with salt and pepper; place in skillet in a single layer and cook each side for 2-3 minutes, until cooked through. Set aside with bacon.
3. Place onion and broccoli in the same skillet and cook over medium-high heat until onions have caramelized and broccoli is tender; add garlic and heat until fragrant.
4. Stir in bacon, chicken, rice, and Rotel; reduce heat to low.
5. In a small pot, melt butter and whisk in flour; stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
6. Pour cheese sauce over skillet, stir well, and add salt and pepper to taste.
German Fried Potatoes
13 hours ago