Southern-Style Collard Greens
4 slices [turkey] bacon, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 lb frozen collard greens, thawed
1 c chicken broth
about 2 c water
1-2 T butter
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Fry bacon in a large pot, over medium heat; move bacon to paper towel to drain.
2. Place onion in pot and cook for a few minutes, until slightly softened.
3. Add collard greens, chicken broth, and enough water to cover the greens; turn up heat to medium-high and simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Turn collard greens in to a colander and drain; gently press with paper towel.
5. Place collard greens back in pot and add butter, salt, and pepper. Stir in bacon and serve warm.
Strawberry and Peppers Salad / Salsa
18 hours ago