Hash Brown Casserole
6 slices [turkey] bacon
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 c hash browns, frozen
3/4 c [light] sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1 1/2 c Cheddar cheese, separated
1. Cook bacon in a large skillet, crumble on to a paper-towel-lined plate and set aside. Drain fat.
2. Place onions and garlic in pan and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
3. Stir in potatoes; cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine crumbled bacon, sour cream, soup, green onions, salt, pepper, and 1/2 c cheese. Add potato mixture and toss gently.
5. Spoon mixture into greased 9x13 pan and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Cover with foil that has been greased; refrigerate at least 8 hours, or overnight.
7. Preheat oven to 350*.
8. Remove casserole from refrigerator; thaw for 15 minutes before putting in oven.
9. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes; uncover and bake an extra 20-25 minutes or until bubbly around edges and cheese begins to brown.