A healthier take on a classic holiday treat.
5 eggs, separated (3 whites, 2 whole)
1 1/2 c sugar
1- 15 oz can pumpkin
1 1/2 t lemon juice
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1 T cinnamon
1 1/2 t ginger
3/4 t nutmeg
3/4 t salt
8 oz [fat free or light] cream cheese, softened
1 c [fat free or light] cool whip
1 c powdered sugar, opt
1. Preheat oven to 375*; grease, line with parchment paper, then grease and flour a jelly roll pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat 3 egg whites and 2 whole eggs on high, about 5 minutes.
3. Gradually beat in sugar; fold in pumpkin and lemon juice.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients; fold in to pumpkin mixture.
5. Spread evenly on to pan and bake for 13-15 minutes. Cake should spring back at the touch; do not over bake or else your cake will break when rolled.
6. Immediately turn out on to a clean hand towel that has been sprinkled with powdered sugar and remove parchment paper (the cake should be a little moist); roll up towel and cake together and cool completely, at least an hour.
7. Whip cream cheese, beat in cool whip and powdered sugar.
8. Unroll pumpkin roll and spread filling evenly over cake; roll back up (sans towel), wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 45 minutes before serving.
*I wouldn't recommend using fat free cheese and cool whip unless you want to add the powdered sugar; it's just not very sweet when they're both FF.
Flashback Friday- Chicken Stew
1 hour ago