Peanut Butter Cookies
1 1/2 c flour
1 t baking soda
3/4 t salt
1 1/4 c peanut butter (I use half crunchy/half creamy)
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c (1 stick) butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/2 c corn syrup
1/4 c sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 t vanilla extract
1. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk peanut butter, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, sugar, 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth; fold in flour mixture, careful not to over mix.
4. Divide dough in half, wrap each half in plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350*.
6. Roll 1/4 cup portions into balls and space evenly on cookie sheet. Using a fork, flatten balls down into disks.
7. Bake until cookies are puffed and lightly brown around the edges (they will look undone between the cracks), 12-14 minutes, switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking.
8. Cool 5 minutes on sheets, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Flashback Friday- Chicken Stew
1 hour ago