Ali's Apple Pie
2.5 lb apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
.5 c sugar
.25 c brown sugar
.25 c butter
.5 t cinnamon
.5 t nutmeg
1 t lemon juice
.25 t salt
2 t flour
4 shallow pie shells (two top and two bottom)
1. Combine apples and white sugar in colander, over a bowl. Let sit for about an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 400*.
3. Mix together brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, egg, salt, and flour in a large bowl. Add the apples to the mixture and coat evenly.
4. Put the apple "drippings" aside.
5. Place half of the apple mixture in each pie shell. Cover with top shell and press edges together.
6. Use a pastry brush to apply the "apple drippings" generously to the top shell. No need to poke holes in the top.
7. Place in center rack of oven and bake for about 50 min.
Plain Crumb Platz
2 hours ago