.25 t salt
2 c flour, divided
2.25 c milk, divided
.25 c butter, melted
.5 t almond extract (opt)
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and salt. Add .5 cup flour and .5 cup milk until well mixed. Keep adding flour and milk alternately until all is added.
2. Whisk batter until it's smooth (mixer on low); add butter and whisk again until smooth.
3. Heat a small (8”) non-stick skillet over medium heat.
4. Pour a little less than ¼ cup for each crepe; twirl the pan so that the batter coats the surface evenly. As the crepe cooks, it changes in appearance.
5. Cook until edge of crepe is lightly browned and surface feels dry when touched, about 2 minutes.
6. To turn, run a very wide spatula around edge to loosen; flip and cook until lightly browned. Turn out of pan on to plate.
7. Batter keeps in fridge for several days if tightly covered. Yields 20-24 crepes.
Bread For the Journey
2 hours ago