Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bruschetta

I don't like paying for food I can make myself, especially when it's a pricey appetizer that I love!

Bruschetta
1 loaf french bread, cut width-wise into about 36 slices
2 T olive oil, separated
2 1/2 c chopped tomatoes
1 (4 oz.) pkg. feta cheese (Athenos brand, with basil & tomato, is what I use), finely crumbled
1/2 c red onion, finely chopped
3 T fresh parsley, chopped
1 T olives (black or green, or both), finely chopped
1/4 t ground black pepper

1. Preheat broiler.
2. Place bread slices on foil-lined cookie sheet and broil each side for about 2-3 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
3. Brush each side of toast slices with 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil.
4. Mix remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil with the rest of the ingredients; spoon on to toast just before serving.
Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments: