Peas & Carrots
3 carrots, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and cut into 1/2" chunks
1 t salt, separated
1/2 t pepper
4 cups frozen peas, thawed
1/2 c water
5 T butter, cut into 5 pieces
2 T minced onion
1. In a small bowl, toss carrots in 1/2 t salt and set aside.
2. In a food processor, process 1 cup peas, water, and 1/2 t salt until smooth; set aside.
3. In a medium pan over medium heat, melt 1 T butter; add onion and the carrots with any liquid. Cover and cook until carrots are just softened, about 7 minutes.
4. Add remaining 3 cups peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until peas are heated through.
5. Stir in pea puree and 1/2 t pepper, bring to a simmer, and cook until sauce starts to thicken.
6. Take off heat and stir in remaining butter until melted.
Flashback Friday- Chicken Stew
1 hour ago