Strawberry Crumb Pie
1 stick cold butter
3 oz cold cream cheese
1 1/4 c flour, plus more for dusting
pinch of salt
3/4 c oats
1/2 c flour
1/3 c sugar
1/4 c butter, melted and cooled slightly
6 c (2 lb) strawberries, hulled and chopped
1/2 c sugar
2 t lemon juice
2 1/2 T cornstarch
1/4 t orange zest
1. Whip butter and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth; add flour and salt and process until it forms a ball. Scrape out the dough, shape it into a round disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
2. Meanwhile, combine the oats, flour, and sugar in a small bowl; add the butter and stir until incorporated. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350*. Working on a floured surface, roll out the crust dough and place in a springform pan; return to the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Bake crust until lightly brown, about 18-20 minutes; let cool on a wire rack.
5. Increase the oven temperature to 375*.
6. Toss the strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and orange zest in a medium bowl. Spoon the mixture in to the crust and spread the topping evenly over the berries.
7. Bake for 60 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the crust and toppings are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool to room temperature before serving.
Bread for the Journey
12 hours ago