2 large chicken breasts
3 T [light] sour cream
3 T pesto
3 T mozzarella cheese
3 T panko breadcrumbs (I use Italian style)
3 T Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375*; line with foil and grease a cookie sheet or 9x13 pan.
2. You can either butterfly the chicken breasts or pound them (in a baggie or between two sheets of plastic wrap) until they are about 1/4-1/3" thick. [I butterflied them and then took a mallet to them.]
3. Combine sour cream, pesto, and mozzarella; halve pesto mixture and spread on either breast; roll up chicken and secure with toothpicks.
4. In a shallow dish, whisk egg; in another shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
5. Dip chicken in egg wash and then in breadcrumbs.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, remove toothpicks, and enjoy.
Bread For The Journey
19 hours ago