Fresh Glazed Strawberry Pie
1 c lightly toasted walnuts (or pecans)
1 c graham cracker crumbs (about 8 crackers)
2 T brown sugar
.25 t salt
3 T butter
5 t sugar
1 t water
3 lb strawberries, hulled and separated
2/3 c sugar
1/2 c water
3 T cornstarch
1 T lemon juice
2 T butter
1. Preheat oven to 375*.
2. Process walnuts, graham crackers, brown sugar, and salt in food processor until walnuts are finely ground. Heat butter, sugar, and water in a small pan (or microwave); pour over crumbs and process until evenly coated.
3. Press crumb mixture evenly into a 9” pie dish; bake until just set and golden brown (about 10 minutes). Cool completely.
4. Cut 2 lb strawberries into small pieces; of those, measure 1.5 cups into blender and place the others in a large bowl.
5. Add sugar, water, and cornstarch to blender and puree until smooth; transfer to medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until thick and boiling (about 8 minutes); remove from heat.
6. Stir in lemon juice, then butter. Mix well. Pour glaze over strawberries in bowl; fold gently to coat. Transfer mixture to crust, mounding evenly in the center. Cut remaining pound of strawberries and arrange on top of pie. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
Home Made Salami
1 hour ago